Last time we talked about our Top 10 cupcakes in America. This time I am going to share some tips with you of how we choose the right frosting to go with your favorite cupcakes.
- Vanilla cupcake is a very classic flavor. And this flavor can almost pair up with any flavors of frosting. If you like very light frosting, I suggest you to pair with our classic white chocolate frosting or home-made whipped cream. If you like fresh fruit, our classic strawberry buttercream will be a great choice. If you like chocolate (who doesn't?!), pair it with our classic chocolate buttercream or hazelnut buttercream.
- Pumpin cupcake is a seasonal cupcake for Fall and Winter. It's great pair with classic cream cheese frosting.
- Banana cupcake pair with banana frosting is always a great choice. Banana flavor also goes well with fresh fruit icing, such as strawberry, raspberry or any other berry-flavored icing. Also, any type of chocolate frosting will be a great match with this cupcake also, but if you're in the mood for something really different and light, try adding a dollop of whipped cream. It's simple and delicious!
- Coffee is featured prominently in desserts because it goes well with just about anything that tastes sweet. Therefore, there are a myriad of possible frosting options for coffee cupcakes. Chocolate, vanilla, butterscotch, almond, raspberry -- really, any flavor that might go with a cup of joe is a possible contender for the cake or icing part of your cupcake.
- Chocolate is another popular and classic flavor at our Cupcakery! If you are choco-holic, top with a heavy dark chocolate frosting. If you like chocolate, but would like something lighter on top, go with our classic white chocolate. If you like fresh fruit, rasberry or strawberry frostings will be another great choice.
- Lemon cupcakes typically pair up with sweet but slightly tangy yellow frosting. Last time I made a lemon flavored frosting with a candied orange on top and it was a great hit! If the combination of lemon cake and lemon frosting is too tart for your taste, ask for an unfrosted cupcake with just a light dusting of powdered sugar for a subtle dose of extra sweetness.