Pages


Thursday, July 28, 2011

Moomins Mini Cupcakes

After a long work today, I ditched gym and headed straight back home to decorate some cupcakes. 

I got an inspiration from a viewer of my blog from Finland.  I check who visited my blog every once in a while, and I got some viewers from a lot of different countries, U.S., London, Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Germany and even Finland.  When I am thinking about Finland or northern Europe, I could not stop thinking about this cartoon I watched when I was a kid (thanks to the Japanese, who introduced this cartoon to us).  I know a lot of American don't know who Moomins are, they probably think just a hippo-look-alike strange characters:

Here is a brief abstract I found from the Wikipeida about The Moomins:



The Moomins (Swedish: Mumintroll, Finnish: Muumi) are the central characters in a series of books and a comic strip by Swedish-Finn illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts[2] in Finland. They are a family of trolls who are white and roundish, with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses. The carefree and adventurous family live in their house in Moominvalley, in the forests of Finland, though in the past their temporary residences have included a lighthouse and a theatre. They have many adventures along with their various friends.

The Moomins' stories are very different from the typical American cartoon.  They story are very slow and very laid back.  No extreme scene or storyline you are going to see in the cartoon.  All the characters are very cute and have their own personality.  Like our Disney, there is a Moomin World in Finland.  My cousin just came back from there, and I saw her pictures, and the park looks very cute. 


Moomin and his girlfriend, Snork Maiden





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

amazing!

Post a Comment