Pages


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet and Fond Memory

My 3th Birthday at my grandmon's house. I was so excited for blowing the candles

When I think back to my first memories of cake, I have particularly fond memories of a piece of my birthday cake from my childhood.  Of course I love the honest flavor and the soft texture of the cake; but most importantly it's because this cake reminds me of my lovely childhood and my family.

I am one of the lucky ones, who have an amazing and a happy childhood (Thanks to my family!)  When I was a little kid, my parents would throw me a birthday party usually at my grandmon's old house.  They always ordered a white cake from the bakery near our house.  The birthday cake was usually covered with white whipped cream, and topped with canned fruits and some fresh seasonal fruits.  Inside the cake, it's layered with white whipped cream mixed with canned fruits and the white cake.  And on the top of the cake, my parents would ask the bakery to write "Happy Birthday", sometimes they would request them to add my favorite cartoon character on it.

The birthday cake might not be the best cake I even ate, but it certainly is one of the foods, which reminds me of my family and my happy childhood.  And now, I am so honored and happy that I could create this very fond memory for you and your family. 

“What keeps me motivated is not the food itself but all the bonds and memories the food represents.”

My 8th Birthday at my grandmom's (left) house, ready to blow my candles

0 comments:

Post a Comment