Pages


Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Beatles Cupcakes

I am a die hard the Beatles' fans ever since I was younger.  I started getting very into their music and their story when I was in high school.  I don't only like to listen their songs, I STUDY them too!  I want to know what the meaning behind the songs and the lyrics, and their personalities. Here is one of the examples what I am talking about: 

A lot of people were saying that one of their songs "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" was written when they were stoned.  John Lennon had declared it; he had explained to the media that the song was inspired by his son, Julian Lennon's (son with his first wife) drawing:

The "Lucy" who inspired this song was Lucy O'Donnell (later Lucy Vodden), who was a classmate
of John's son Julian Lennon when he was enrolled at the private Heath House School, in Weybridge, Surrey. It was in a 1975 interview that Lennon said "Julian came in one day with a picture about a school friend of his named Lucy. He had sketched in some stars in the sky and called it Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

I don't lie!  I told you I am VERY INTO THEM!  I like to know everything about the Beatles.  

Last night, I decided to make some cupcakes for them as a tribute of my love for the Beatles.  I got the idea from their "A Hard Day's Night" cartoon.  If you have never got a chance to watch this cartoon, you need to you tube it (see my you tube clip below).  I found them pretty funny!


The Beatles Cupcakes, la la lalalalalala...with love from me to you...
(I was humming their songs the whole time when I was making the toppers)

Ringo Starr - we all live in a yellow submarine...yellow submarine...yellow submarine...

George Harrison - To be honest with you, George has become my #1 Beatle among 4 of them (I used to love Sir Paul McCartney a lot) until I heard of  the later songs George wrote for the group. 
The songs he wrote are darker, but richer; and they are definitely different from the songs John and Paul wrote.
He also bought in a lot of different elements and music instruments to the Beatles.
 
Sir Paul McCartney - she loves you, yeah yeah yeah, she loves you., yeah yeah yeah...
No doubt that Paul is the "love" Beatle!

John Lennon -
I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her room
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?
Fun fact:  The Beatles are the best-selling band in the history of popular music, and over four decades after their break-up, their recordings are still in demand. They have had more number one albums on the UK charts and have held the top spot longer than any other musical act.  According to the RIAA, they have sold more albums in the United States than any other artist, and they headed Billboard magazine's list of all-time top Hot 100 artists in 2008.

0 comments:

Post a Comment