Pages


Thursday, September 1, 2011

My World Travel Cupcake

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”

- Saint Augustine quotes

(Ancient Roman Christian Theologian and Bishop of Hippo from 396 to 430. One of the Latin Fathers of the Church. 354-430)


I like to travel and learn different things from different places and cultures.  Thanks to my parents, who took us to travel around the world since my sister and I were a baby.  We have been some amazing places - China (just a small portion of it though), Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, Egypt, Turkey, Greece (would definitely go back again, one of my favorite countries in the world), Italy, England, France, Portugal, Brazil, Swiss, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Vienna, Canada, America (of course), New Zealand, ...Did I miss any?!  However, there are still a lot of places I would LOVE to visit before I die. 

Visiting different places and countries could open my eyes to try different kinds of uncommon food, which I don't usually see in my culture, and inspires me to use different ingredients to make cupcakes and gives me new ideas on designing cupcakes.

Of course, I would like my Little Cupcake to read the whole "book" (aka the world", not just a "page".).  I took my little cupcake to Yosemite and Mammoth with me couple weeks ago.  She was very excited to explore the world and took a lot of pictures during the trip, check them out, yo!  A lot of people came and said hi to her during our trip.  So next time if you happened to see her, don't be shy, please say hi!

Little Cupcake at Twins Lake, Mammoth, CA

At the top of Mammoth Mountain

At Yosemite National Park

Kissing the Half Dome

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Little Cupcake at Mammoth

Little Cupcake:  "Ugh...getting a sun tan..."

Little Cupcake:  "Me like to take a picture with the big fishy."

Little Cupcake:  "OH!  NO!!!"

On the top of a Bear's head

Little Cupcake:  "I like traveling!  Where next?"

0 comments:

Post a Comment