Pages


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Baking is an Adventure!

"Baking is either an adventure or nothing."



This quotation is so right!  Once in a while, my crazy mind would have asked my hands to bake some unusual goodies.  I received a box of Blue Ribbon Roca almond candies as part of my Valentine's Day gift from Mr. G.  I was happy, but I had a very weak teeth and this little sweet treat was just ways too tough for my teeth.  Of course, I appreciated Mr. G's thoughtfulness, and I didn't want to waste the candies.  So I decided to crush the candies to make some Rocca candy cookies.

Here is my recipe and step by step photo:

Prepared Time:  30 mins
Baked Time: 25 mins

Make:  about 24 cookies

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 cup dark brown sugar 
1/2 cup sugar 
1 cup butter, room temperature 
2 eggs, room temperature 
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
1 package toffee bits 
1/4 grounded cinnamon 
4 ounces milk chocolate 


Direction:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. 
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. 
  3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugars with butter together on medium speed. 


      4.     Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. 


      5.     Crush the candies and mix with the milk chocolate.


     6.     At very low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and then the toffee bits. 
Mix until just blended do not over-mix. 


 7.     Refrigerate dough for approximately 15 minutes. Using a ice cream scope or your hands to form a ball. 


8.     Grease the cookies sheet with PAM, then place on cookie sheets several inches apart. 



9.     Bake approximately 22 minutes and then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to completely cool. 


This new adventure didn't disappoint me.  The cookies came out so moist and yummy!  The taste of them reminder me of ginger bread man.







0 comments:

Post a Comment