Pages


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thank you, Halloween!


I am not sure how many kids knocked on your door to play trick or treat during Halloween night last month.  We got 0 kid here!  Last year, we had one kid (the kid living next door) knocked on our door when we were about to leave for a party.  We didn't prepare any candies, end up I just gave him some of my favorite snacks to take home.  So this year, we were well prepared for this special holiday.  To our surprise, we got 0 kid asked for candies from us.



0 kid = bags of left over candies at our house!  I decided to use some of the left over candies to make cupcakes.  I like PB & J (peanut butter and jam), so I created this cupcake to include these two ingredients.

I broke down the peanut butter cup in my chocolate batter and created this so air-y and creamy peanut butter mousse frosting filled with boysenberry jam in the chocolate cupcakes.  They just taste like my favorite PB&J toast!

I was just curious about who created this amazing PB&J sandwiches, and I found this information online (quite interesting):

1941-1945 - Both peanut butter and jelly were on the U.S. Military ration menus in World War II (1941-1945). It is said that the American soldiers added jelly to their peanut butter to make it more palatable. Peanut butter provided an inexpensive and high protein alternative to meat for soldiers. It was an instant hit and returning servicemen made peanut butter and jelly sales soar in the United States. Food historians haven't found any ads or other mentions of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before the 1940s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment