Whiskey White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies Recipe (Make about 24 cookies)
- 1/2 cup of Whiskey and 1/2 of Gold Rum (to soak the cranberries in, then saving 2 teaspoons of it for later), if you don't have rum, just use 1 cup of Whiskey.
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup (two sticks) of butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
|You could ignore the oatmeal in the picture. |
I was thinking of putting some oatmeal inside the batter, but I though it will be too much texture for one little cookie.
1. Put the cranberries in a measuring cup and then pour whiskey and/or rum. Put the cup in a microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. And let the cranberries soak in the alcohol for about 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the sugars and beat again until light, fluffy and well incorporated.
4. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then add to the mixture a bit at a time, beating until just mixed. Fold in the brandy soaked cranberries (get rid of the liquid by squeezing the cranberries) and white chocolate chips. Let chill for 15 minutes in the fridge.
|I made some little vintage inspired tags to dress up the cookies.|