Pages


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I want to hold you hand...


I still remember the first time I was holding hand with my husband.  It's been years ago, but the memory is still fresh like it just happened yesterday.  I always think that holding hand is more inmitate than kissing and perhaps other PDAs.  And I am not the only one said that, Dalton Conley, a professor and chairman of the department of sociology at New York University has agreed with me, “Hand-holding is the one aspect that’s not been affected by the sexual revolution,” said  “It’s less about sex than about a public demonstration about coupledom.”

Hand-holding is a very speical and innocent moment between couples -

To hold someone’s hand is to offer them affection, protection or comfort. It is a way to communicate that you are off the market. Practically speaking, it is an efficient way to squeeze through a crowd without losing your partner. People do it during vigils, marches, weddings and funerals.
(source from the New York Times, Oct 5, 2006 issue)

And different ways of holding your parterner has special meaning too, if you are interested to de-code the meaning, click here.

There are so many ways to show your partner your love and care, of course, holding hand is one of them.  Writing them a letter/card, flying her a paper airplane to tell that person you miss him/her, or stuffing a special note in a fortune cookie to suprise her/him...

Here is a little fun project inpsired by LOVE:

Signed, sealed, delivered, I am yours...


Trying to get as detail as possible, this is the back of the envelope.


Show her your love on a "sweet" candy way (these heart shaped candies are made with fondant)


Or surprise her when she crack the fortune cookie=)


 Or drop her a love note in the classroom


And for those, who could not be with your love this year -
Do you wish the paper airplane could go straight to the one you love and show her how much you miss her?!


A cupcake tower full of love and flavor -
Horchata cupcakes with horchata cinnamon frosting and topped with churro

"Oh, if it be to choose and call thee mine,
love, thou art every day my Valentine!"
-Thomas Hood







1 comments:

Chandana said...

The cupcakes look so delicious!

I have a boticca.com giveaway on my blog.. it would mean a lot if you visit my blog and enter it!
Enter and double your chances of winning! See you there! :)

You are one step away from winning $100! Click the link below to enter my giveaway! :)
Enter boticca.com giveaway, win $100
♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

Post a Comment