Pages


Monday, July 18, 2011

"Julie and Julia"

Julia Child and Julie Powell 
- both of whom wrote memoirs 
- find their lives intertwined. 
Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... 
until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, 
anything is possible.

Dear Julie and Julia,


When I first saw this movie trailer on TV, I was like "hm...it sounds like a very fun movie to watch. I need to watch it!"  When the DVD came out, I got a copy of it.  After the first 30 minutes, I knew right away that this is going to become one of my all time favorite movies!

This movie absolutely touched my heart and inspired me to do something I am passionate about.


You stories -
Julia Child, who changed the way how American cooks and eats
Julie Powell, who proved that everything is possible - are simply inspiring!

In the middle of the movie, I was asking myself the same question, which Paul Child asked Julia -
What is it you really like to do?

Myself answered to myself:  "EAT and being CREATIVE!"


And another line from the movie hit my head -



Julie was telling her husband, Eric, what she loves about cooking "Chocolate cream pie! You know what I love about cooking? I love that after a day when nothing is sure and when I say nothing, I mean nothing. You can come home and absolutely know that if you add egg yolks to chocolate and sugar and milk, it will get thick. That's such a comfort."


Thank you Julie!  You spoke my mind.  That's exactly how I feel about baking and no matter how shitty my day was; I always found happiness and confront through whisking the eggs and pouring the batter into my cupcake pan.  This is a quote from you and I NEED to steal it to dedicate to you and Julia - "I was drowning, and you pulled me out of the ocean."


I just want to say thank you for sharing your inspiring stories, and make me chase after my dream with no fear!  


with hugs,


Mrs. G


"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" 
- Julia Child (My Life in France)












0 comments:

Post a Comment