Pages


Sunday, July 24, 2011

Seeking Sweetness in Everyday Life - Cakespy


I mentioned that Mr. G and I went to Seattle last year on my preivous post.  During our trip, we stopped by Capitol Hill because I wanted to check out an art gallery + store,CakeSpyShop there and it's walking distance from the hotel we stayed. 

This little store has all kinds of "sweet" treats (sorry, nothing edible though) inside, art works, cupcake stands, dessert stickers, ice cream lamp, dessert wallets, donut t-shirts, just everything sweet...

I was so happy to meet the artist and the owner of Cake Spy, Jessie Oleson (aka head spy) at her very own store.  She is such a sweet and welcoming person to meet with! When we got there, she was about to go out for running some errands. As soon as she saw us, she asked us if we wanted to come in.  She told us she could go later...

Since that trip, I have been following her cakespy blog till now.  Her blog is very fun to read because she interviews different bakeries, ice cream shops, candy shop throughout the country.  Also, she has a lot of great or interesting recipes for us to follow.  Of course, her artworks are also amazing and "sweet" too!  She has a new book coming out and I can't wait to get a copy of it.


 In front of CakeSpyShop (415 E Pine St, Seattle, WA 98122)
(between Bellevue Ave & Crawford Pl) Little Cuppy is welcoming us!

Jessie's art work inside the shop.

 Ice cream lamp inside the shop.

 Jessie and I

I bought some "sweet" postcards from CakeSpyShop.  Look at the little cuppies by the Seattle Space Needle.

New book (Sweet Treats for a Sugar-Filled Life) by CakeSpy (photo courtesy of CakeSpy.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment